One of the favorite (and important) parts of every couple is to select the menu, drinks and do the tasting. We have put together the 14 most important questions to ask, to be on the same page with your selected caterer and to avoid any unpleasant surprises:
- Do you provide all rentals? Are there any extra costs for tableware, napkins etc.?
- Is VAT included in the price? Will a service fee be added?
- Is the tasting included in the price? (Note: often costs will be deducted from the final bill)
- Do you charge a corkage fee if we provide our own wine/spirits?
- What is the time frame for the service, what are the costs for further hours if the event exceeds this time frame?
- When ordering beverage packages: for how many hours is it valid and what are the costs for any further hour? (Note: it might be more cost effective to charge upon consumption from a certain point of time)
- When do you start the set up on the wedding day? (Note: this is important to know for your deco stylist, to leave enough time for the table decorations on the set tables)
- When do you need the final number of participants? (Note: this will set your minimum costs. So if you are uncertain, we recommend to communicate a few persons less, as it’s always possible to pay for a few people more at the end, than to reduce the price in case you have less guests than communicated at this point)
- Do you serve special meals for guests with allergies or dietary restrictions?
- If we order an outside wedding cake, do you charge a cake-cutting fee?
- Will the food be prepared on-site or brought in already prepared? (Check the size of your venue’s (designated) kitchen to meet your caterer’s requirements)
- How much do you charge for vendor meals?
- What are your deposit and cancellation policies?
- How will your staff dress?
We hope you find this useful! Need more advice from a wedding pro? Drop a message: email@example.com